title

Darlece Cleveland, Artist

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Gymnastics Mosaic Mural




Hello all. Thought I'd join the crowd and start blogging. Actually it's a great forum for me to share what I've been up to creatively. I'm new to this so patience please.

The image above is a mural I created for Camp Chateaugay. I was the director of their ceramics program for three summers beginning in 2007. It measures approx. 4 x 4 feet square and is mounted in their gymnastics area. I'm currently finishing a six foot diameter "Tree of Life/Four Seasons" ceramics and glass mural for the Yosemite Elementary School in Yosemite National Park, Calif. It's a collaboration between students, myself, teachers and the local community in Yosemite and has been in process for 3 years. It should be finished by May of this year. The school is creating a native plant garden and the mural will be on a wall facing it. I'll post pictures of it when it is finished.


I've moved from Yosemite to Vashon Island in Washington State. I'm hoping to create murals here and am currently setting up my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment